Answered By: Olin Reference Help Desk Last Updated: Jun 28, 2014 Views: 93
- To save a record so you can view it the next time you go into Find it! login if you have not already done so (use the Log in link in the upper right corner). Click on the check box to add it to My Find it!. To view the record later, go to My Find it!, eShelf.
- To save a record to a folder in your eShelf, click on "Advanced" or the double disk icon from My Find it!. You can then select the references you wish to move over into your folders or create a new folder to save marked records in.
- To save a single record to a disk or personal drive, click on the title to go into the Full View of the record. Then click on the disk icon . A record format window is displayed from which you can select the format of the file to be saved and opened later in your word processor or citation manager. These are your options:
- RIS (Recommended): Saves the file as a standard text file in a format similar to that displayed on the screen.
- RefWorks format: Opens a window to RefWorks to allow you to log in (if you're not already logged in), and save the citation to your RefWorks library.
- EndNote: Saves the file in the EndNote format, if you have that installed on your computer.
Popup-blocker software may prevent the saving, unless you set it to allow popups from orb.wulib.wustl.edu.
Caution: Most library computers do not have EndNote on them; we recommend that you do not try to download records when using Find it! on library computers. Save to My Find it! instead.
- To save a group of records you must first save them to My Find it!. Once in My Find it! select which records you would like to save by checking the box next to them or by clicking Select all. Next, click on Selected. This will bring up a screen verifying which records you have chosen. Click on Save and then choose your record format (same as above).
Submit a question
If you would like to email a question to us, please use the form on the lower left of this page. Thanks!