Answered By: Olin Reference Help Desk Last Updated: Jun 28, 2014 Views: 108
Find it! allows you to save searches so you can re-run them at a later date. You can also run a search automatically, by setting up an alert. Alerts can be run at any interval you specify (daily, weekly, and monthly). A message will arrive from the Washington University Libraries with "MetaLib Alert Report" in the subject line. A link in the email will run your search when you click on it and login to Find it! You will retrieve all citations, not just new items.
- If you haven't logged in yet, do so by clicking on the Log in link in the upper right corner of any Find it! screen.
- To save a search or set up an alert, you must first use MultiSearch to run a search. After you click Go and get search results, click on Previous Searches, found below the link to MultiSearch. Click on to save it.
- Now click on My Find it! in the toolbar, and then click on History underneath. The searches you have saved will be listed. To re-run a search, click on the query.
- To set the saved query as an alert, click on .
- A number of fields must be filled in on the Alerts form. Mandatory fields are indicated with an asterisk. The alert will run on the same resources as your original search unless you use the toggle boxes to turn them off.
- To edit or delete alerts, click on .
Submit a question
If you would like to email a question to us, please use the form on the lower left of this page. Thanks!