Answered By: (STS) Student Technology Services Last Updated: Mar 23, 2015 Views: 23062
How to Edit or Resubmit an Assignment
Editing an assignment requires you to resubmit the assignment, and not all assignments can be resubmitted. If your instructor has not allowed you to submit an assignment more than once and you made a mistake when submitting the assignment, you must contact your instructor to ask for the opportunity to resubmit the assignment.
Your instructor may allow you to submit an assignment more than once for a variety of reasons. For example, your instructor can provide comments on your first draft so that you can try to improve your work. Your instructor can choose to use either the highest graded attempt or the last graded attempt for your grade.
If your instructor has allowed you to submit an assignment more than once, you will see a Start New Submission function on the Review Submission History page. You access this page by clicking the assignment link in your course.
- Return to the assignment link in the Content Area that holds the assignment, for example, the Assignments Content Area.
- Click the name of the assignment.
- On the Review Submission History page, view the details of your first submission. Click Start New Submission.
- On the Upload Assignment page, download any files provided by your instructor and complete the assignment using one or both of the following:
- In the Submission box, type your response. You can use the Text Editor functions to format the text and add files, images, external links, multimedia, and Mashups.
- If your response to the assignment is in a separate file, click Browse My Computer and select a file to attach. If you attach a file, type a Link Title. If the box is left blank, the file name becomes the link. Follow any instructions that your instructor provided for naming your file.
Note: The Do not attach option appears next to an uploaded file. If you have selected an incorrect file, you can remove it with this option. If the same file is attached to your assignment more than once, the new file is saved with a number appended to the name. For example, history_assignment(1).doc.
5. Click Submit. (When you finish your assignment, you must click Submit. If you do not, your instructor will not receive it.)
Note: On the Review Submission History page, you can see all of your submissions listed by date and time. To view the details of a submission, click the plus sign next to an attempt.
Just wondering -
If you start a new submission and upload a new assignment does blackboard store the old one or is it replaced?
Submit a question
If you would like to email a question to us, please use the form on the lower left of this page. Thanks!