Answered By: Olin Reference Help Desk Last Updated: Dec 07, 2016 Views: 192
In Primo you have the option to Add to your e-Shelf, E-mail, Print, or export a record.
- After searching Primo, you can click the title of any record in your results list
- Click on the 'Send to' link in the right corner of the record.
In the Classic Catalog, after searching the catalog, on a results list you can click the box in front of any record to save that record, or when viewing a full record, click the Save Records button. A View Saved button then appears; click on it to view a brief listing of all your saved records.
You can choose to email, view on screen, or save to disk your saved records in various formats. If you have Pro-Cite, EndNote, or RefWorks, you can export records directly to them. The Full Display of records outputs all bibliographic information and the location, call number, and status of the item. The Brief Display outputs only the author, title, publisher info, and edition - no call number, location, or status information.
Since the Brief Display doesn't include call number, location, and status, please choose Full Display when printing records from the catalog. Since the Full Display of records can be quite long (many records now include tables of contents, for example), you might want to follow this procedure:
- Save your records as described above.
- On the 'View Saved' records screen, choose Full Display and Local Disk.
- When you click Submit, a window will open asking if you want to choose Notepad to open the file. Click OK.
- Edit the export.txt file in Notepad to remove whatever portions of the records that you don't want - subjects, notes, tables of contents, whatever. You might want to insert a blank line between records to make the output easier to read.
- Choose File/Print and choose a printer. From that point, it's the regular printing process (when using computers in the Libraries).