Answered By: Kris Helbling Last Updated: Oct 14, 2019 Views: 7
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a way of securely accessing campus networks from off-campus; however, VPNs are not compatible with WU Libraries proxy access at this time (Fall 2019).
If you are unable to connect to WU Libraries resources, such as ebooks or databases, and you are using a VPN, try this test:
- Log into proxy server with your WUSTL Key
- Try to connect to an ebook through the catalog or to a database through the A-Z Database list.
If you don’t see “libproxy” in the URL, or are still having problems access the resource, you are probably using a VPN. In order to access material…
- First disconnect from the VPN
- Log into the proxy server
- Proceed on to the desired resource through the library’s catalog or databases list