Answered By: Services *DLPS Last Updated: Apr 07, 2020 Views: 1620
For your dissertation, the embargo options are on the form you submit to ProQuest. Your selections apply to both ProQuest and Open Scholarship, the digital repository maintained by the Washington University Libraries:
• no embargo = the full text of your dissertation (as a PDF) would be available on Open Scholarship, the university's digital repository, as soon as we process the files.
• 6 month embargo = when we process the files, there will be a record of your dissertation (with your name, title, abstract, advisor information, etc.) available through Open Scholarship, but the full-text would not be available for 6 months.
• 1 year embargo = same as above, except one year
• 2 year embargo = same as above, except two years
• permanent embargo = a record of your dissertation would be in Open Scholarship, but the full-text would never be made available.
You may change the embargo period, either extending or reducing it, after your original submission, but you would need to contact the library (Digital Library Services – firstname.lastname@example.org) and ProQuest (email@example.com or http://www.proquest.com/en-US/support/contact.shtml) separately.
The embargo options are the same as above, except that they are only applied locally to Open Scholarship as theses are not submitted through ProQuest.
For more information, please contact Digital Library Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://libguides.wustl.edu/etds